Saturday, September 5, 2009

Writing Log: 9-5-09

Well, it's Saturday, so it is a bit harder to find time to write on the weekend with the kids around and chores to do.

But my wife was gracious enough to give me a chance to get some time in as evening approached.

Started Writing at 5 pm
Returned to Chapter 4, Scene 1 and continued to build upon it. Rewrote several sections in addition to writing new material. Got 1,000 new words in. Wrote for one hour and 15 minutes.

So far the writing seems to be going fairly well. Chapters 2 and 3 are mostly done. Chapter 4 is about 2/3 done and Chapter 1 is maybe halfway finished. Of course I plan to go back through everything one more time to look at the language and particularly the descriptions of place.

It is looking like I won't be adding as many new chapters as it seemed at first blush. Now I'm guessing that the total will go from 9 chapters to perhaps 15.

No comments: