Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Writing Log: 9-9-09

Started writing around 9:30 am today.

Worked on Chapter 1, Scene 2 (wrote about 1750 words)

Moved on to Chapter 4, Scene 2, got about 1250 words written for that.

Total writing for the day: roughly 3,000 new words in 3 hours 15 minutes.

I think I ended at a decent point. Need to brainstorm about the current scene outlines a little tonight to be sure that I have some fresh ideas to write about tomorrow. I think the process of getting the basic action and dialogue down and then going back over it to expand or refine the descriptive details of place has been working pretty well so far.

This weekend I think I may update some of the document Notes in Scrivener for each chapter. My goal is not to write for the chapters or scenes themselves, but to come up with ideas and think through some scenes so that I can start with renewed enthusiasm on Monday. Five straight days of steady writing makes for good progress but I don't want to burn myself out. Wanting to get going at the start of each day's writing session is a big part of making the process successful.

No comments: